Monastery of St. Mary rises above the hilly plain inside the bay of Kakome, away from the inhabited centers. The monastery position and the architectural - constructive level of constructions are still attesting to its significance and values. The monastery complex consists of a tower, a two-story building used for service environments and the church dedicated to Saint Mary in the center. The nave is cross-shaped and the church has a dome-shaped roof. The nave is preceded by an arched narthex, at the front of which is a bell tower.
The frescoes of the church were produced by a painter named Mihal, according to a 1672 inscription inside the church. For the construction of the masonry, stones were used, with flattened joints with lime mortar, while some elements were plastered. The roof is covered with tiles. The tower is positioned in the eastern corner of the yard, at its highest point. The architectural treatment of the tower is simple with flat, closed surfaces, with narrow lighting spaces as well as numerous protrusions for protection.
The innards of the convoys are located in the north corner of the yard. Also included were cooking and working rooms. The building features many architectural and decorative elements, such as arches, columns, frames, windowsill, etc., carved with on corner stones. The entire monastery complex is surrounded by high stone walls, where the well-protected entry gate is located.